Easter nests are great fun to make and simple enough for little ones to help with too. I can’t remember an Easter of my childhood when we didn’t make Easter nests to be honest!
Easter nests in our house are basically chocolate cornflake cakes with a twist, you don’t use cornflakes, you use shredded wheat. The shredded wheat makes the cakes look more nest-like, resembling twigs!
- 200g dark chocolate
- 15g butter
- 2 tbsps golden syrup
- 8 shredded wheat
- Packet of cadbury's mini eggs
- Melt the chocolate together with the butter and syrup in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whilst the chocolate is melting crush the shredded wheat in their packets using yours hands.
- Set out paper cases in your cake tins.
- Once the chocolate and butter are melted remove the pan from the heat and stir in the crushed shredded wheat.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, pressing firmly and making a small dip in the centre, like a nest.
- Place 2 or 3 mini eggs in each nest and leave to set.