Millionaire’s shortbread is one of my absolute favourite sweet treats and I have experimented an awful lot to find the perfect Millionaire’s Shortbread recipe, so this has been well researched and should be perfect!
The best recipe for Millionaire's Shortbread that you will ever find!
Write a review
- 250g plain flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 175g butter
- 100g butter or margarine
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 2 x 397g cans of condensed milk
- 300g plain or milk chocolate
- 40g butter or margarine
- Preheat the oven to 180c and lightly grease your baking tin.
- For the shortbread, mix the flour and sugar in a bowl then rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly into the prepared tin and press down very firmly. Prick all over with a fork and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the shortbread is firm to the touch and very slightly brown.
- To make the caramel, combine the butter, sugar and condensed milk together in a large saucepan, heating gently until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously for 15 minutes. Pour over the shortbread and leave to cool.
- For the topping, melt the chocolate and butter slowly in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Pour over the cold caramel smoothing with a metal spoon and vibrating the tray to settle any bubbles.
- Before the chocolate sets completely, mark the shortbread out into squares and cut using a table knife.
Picnics in the Rain http://www.picnicsintherain.co.uk/