Joining in with the HappyDays Linky, inspiring people to make the most of every day.

Last weekend we took a trip to Alice Holt Forest and had lots of fun finding the Gruffalo!

We ventured out with the raincover on to walk to Jolly Babies on Tuesday – it was a great session as Rosalie has just started properly waving, so she was really joining in with the ‘Hello’ and ‘Goodbye’ songs.

Feeling a little housebound, on Thursday we took a trip to the park. It’s funny thinking back to the first time we put Rosalie in a swing – she didn’t really hold on and found it all a bit bewildering, but now she grabs hold of the bar, kicks her legs and squeals. We can really go for it when we push her too, I’m sure if she could talk she would be saying “higher mummy, higher!”.

On Friday we took an early morning stroll along the canal, which we are very lucky to have right on our doorstep. Here’s a montage of our nature walk where Rosalie encountered dogs, ducks, swans, cows, lots of autumn leaves and a train.

On Monday we did some hand prints and some finger painting. I actually bought the inkpad many months ago with the intention of doing Rosalie’s hand prints when she was small, but I found it too tricky because her little fist was always so tightly clenched! But now she is bigger I thought it would be fun to give it a go! Fun it was! I taped the paper to her highchair tray and helped her press her hand into the ink then onto the paper. After I’d done a few ‘good’ hand prints, I just let her play – poking her fingers in the ink and stabbing the paper. She seemed to enjoy herself and we made a lovely memento for her scrap book.

Daddy has taken Rosalie to the park a couple of times this week, giving me an opportunity to work uninterrupted on my proofreading course, as well as this blog. Also my challenge to cook all 219 recipes in Mary Berry’s Baking Bible is going well, I have now cooked 4 recipes, this week I made Lavender Biscuits and Crunchy Top Lemon Cake.

I was so proud when Rosalie started waving during the ‘Hello’ song at Jolly Babies. Often when Rosalie learns a new skill at home it is a while before she ‘performs’ it in public, so I wasn’t sure if she would do her proper two-handed wave at Jolly Babies, but she must feel very comfortable around Jolly Babies Lady as she busted out her best moves! One happy mummy.

The same as last week…To meet with a few mummy friends, as I haven’t done that in a while, for one reason or another… let’s hope the sickness is passed now.

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far.

Cocos Mamma
    October 18, 2014 at 9:56 am

Lovely post, sounds like you have had a great week. Beautiful pictures, i especially love the gruffalo ones! My Pops is obssessed with that book at the moment πŸ™‚ Also well done on the Mary Berry Challenge progress! Such a fab idea xx

Jessica Eliot
    October 18, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Thank you! Have you taken your little one to any of the Gruffalo/Gruffalo's Child trails? It was a great day x

October 18, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I love the selfie of you and Rosalie together. You both look very happy. πŸ™‚

I'm still in awe of you trying the Mary Berry Challenge. I don't know if I would have the skill, or dedication, but it looks like you have both!

October 18, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Are there a few of those Gruffalo trails then? I will have to look see if there are any near us!
    How lovely having a canal near, the boats are so pretty!
    I adore those hand prints!! I may have to give that a go this week!!!
    Thank you for joining in with #HappyDaysLinky, I hope you manage to get out of the house a bit more this week and see your mummy friends. x

Jessica Eliot
    October 18, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Thanks Vickie! I'm not sure I have the skill for the baking challenge, I felt quite daunted when flicking through the book and seeing the 3 tiered American Wedding Cake, and the quantity of eggs & chocolate it requires!!

Jessica Eliot
    October 18, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Hi Katy, yep there are a few Gruffalo Trails around the country – take a look at the Forestry Commission website and see if there is one near you πŸ™‚

October 18, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Sounds like a fab week, Rosalie is adorable (congrats on her waving!) She looks so pleased with her little hand prints! Thats amazing that your making all 219 recipes, I look forward to reading more of what you have been making!
    Becky xx

Jessica Eliot
    October 18, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Aw, thanks Becky! She was very pleased with herself! x

October 18, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Such lovely photos – you have done so well this week. You're an inspiration!

I've only managed to get footprints from Jasmine for the same reason, clenched hands. Maybe I'll have to try when she's a bit older.

Thanks for joining in with #happydays again.

Jessica Eliot
    October 19, 2014 at 10:51 am

That's really kind of you to say πŸ™‚ I haven't tried footprints – I should give that a bash this week, don't know why I didn't think of doing them at the same time as her hands! Doh! xx

Pauline Goodchild
    October 19, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Love the hand prints! I love doing painting with children, it's so much fun.
    Lavender biscuits sound so yummy – might put that on my "do to list"!

Jessica Eliot
    October 19, 2014 at 7:48 pm

The lavender biscuits went down well here so definitely give them a go! x