Joining in with the HappyDays Linky, inspiring people to make the most of every day.

We managed to do quite well this week with getting out and seeing a few mummy friends – we spent a morning in Costa and Rosalie was an angel – she stayed in her pushchair at first, then once she was bored of that we sat together in the big armchair and she had some bread sticks and raisins.

We also spent a day visiting friends – Rosalie is only 3 weeks older than G so it is fun to see them interacting. The babies had fun on the swings and the mummies had a good natter! On the way we visited the library to exchange our books (although we did renew Room on the Broom!).

On Friday, daddy came home a little early so we took the opportunity to have a family trip to the park – Rosalie enjoyed the swings, as always, but also tried the slide and a springy car.

Rosalie has been helping with my Baking Challenge this week – she had fun with flour whilst I weighed the ingredients for the Christmas Cake, and when the mixture was ready she helped me combine the dried fruits! Really she just wanted to eat all the currants though!
On days when we weren’t out and about, we spent a fair bit of time in her nursery, playing with her stacking cups and shape sorter, chasing each other around and practicing standing.
To keep her amused whilst I bake, this week I made her a sensory bottle with oil, water, red food colouring, beads and sequins.
Here is a little montage of our week, inside and out:

My challenge to cook all 219 recipes in Mary Berry’s Baking Bible is going well, I have now cooked 6 recipes, this week I made Swiss Roll and Christmas Cake. Apart from that…no real me time.

When Rosalie, completely independently, started actually stacking her stacking cups! She even gets them in the right order (sometimes!). She was 10 months old this week, and when I was writing her skills update post, I realised just how much she has developed this month, it’s incredible.

I’ve seen a few ideas for discovery jars and treasure baskets, so next week I’d like to try and make one or two of those for Rosalie. Perhaps an autumn themed one would go down well.

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far.

Twitter Icon GooglePlus Icon Instagram Icon Pinterest Icon Bloglovin Icon RSS Icon

October 25, 2014 at 7:19 pm

I'm going to have to look up what a discovery jar is because now I'm intrigued. πŸ™‚ Rosalie looks like she's had great fun all week. πŸ™‚ I saw your post with R helping you to make the Christmas cake. So adorable!

October 25, 2014 at 8:13 pm

I love a costa trip, it has got a bit tricky now Oliver's walking! Lovely photos! Well done to Rosalie with the stacking cup achievement, Its so lovely when they develop new skills!
    Becky x

Jessica Eliot
    October 25, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Thanks Vickie, I can't wait until she can properly help with baking πŸ™‚

Jessica Eliot
    October 25, 2014 at 8:36 pm

I bet it has Becky! I was concerned R would want to crawl around Costa… Developing new skills is the best, makes me so proud x

October 26, 2014 at 8:04 pm

I think I have read room on the broom nearly 30 times this week, but even I don't get fed up with it!
    Look at you getting all organised with you Christmas cake!! Yum!!
    I have been documenting Baby L's development too and I found 10 months to be an interesting month too, suddenly they seem more like toddlers!!! How can they nearly be one? Crazy!
    Hope you have a good week, make sure to write about those jars if you make them so I can steal your ideas haha!
    Thanks for joining in #HappyDaysLinky xx

October 26, 2014 at 10:16 pm

I love Room on the Broom – I used to read it to the children all the time when I worked in the nursery. Can't wait to read it to Jasmine. Ohh, please send me some cake in the post?
    So lovely that Rosalie is stacking her cups by herself – clever girl! πŸ™‚
    Thanks for joining in with our #happydayslinky

Jessica Eliot
    October 27, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I know, Room on the Broom is brilliant – Julia Donaldson is a genius!!

Don't even say it, I can't believe my tiny little baby is now nearly 1, the time has gone way too quickly.

See you next week for #HappyDaysLinky – it's a great linky πŸ™‚ xx

Jessica Eliot
    October 27, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Rosalie turns the pages way too fast, but I think she enjoys the rhyming and repetition!

I'd love to send you some cake in the post πŸ˜‰

Thank you for hosting the #happydayslinky – it really does encourage us to make the most of every day xx

Cocos Mamma
    October 28, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Ah lovely photos of your week πŸ™‚ I made sensory bottles when pops was a bit smaller and she loved them, they would keep her quiet for ages! X

Jessica Eliot
    October 29, 2014 at 1:30 pm

I think I am going to make a few more so she has a variety. Thanks for stopping by x