Uncategorised

Joining in with the HappyDays Linky, inspiring people to make the most of every day.

On Monday we took a trip to the post office to post a birthday parcel to Rosalie’s friend Josh who is one this week; Rosalie was much admired by the old dears in the queue! Whilst we were in town we went to the library to exchange our books. Here’s a tip for free: always take out the same number of books, that way you’ll know you’ve got them all and there isn’t a stray one lurking under the chair!

On Thursday we met up with our friends J & Baby G for some fun at our local soft play centre. It was the first time I’d taken Rosalie and I am not sure what she made of it! She didn’t seem to be too keen on the ball pit, I don’t think she liked the way she sunk in and couldn’t crawl. She did like the rocking animals though, and it was good for her to crawl around freely. I hope she didn’t catch the dreaded soft play lurgy! By the state of her socks, I wouldn’t be surprised…

Earlier in the week I dyed some rice so we could do some sensory play; I did have grand plans but I only got around to putting some into a bottle to make a shaker so far! I have also made her a black eyed bean shaker – these are quite good at keeping her amused for a short while in her highchair whilst I cook dinner.
Daddy bought Rosalie a pop-up tunnel to play in and, after a bit of enticing, we spent an afternoon crawling around – mummy was a bit too big though!

I actually managed a small bit of me time this week, despite a number of late nights I did get an early night last weekend and read a few chapters of my book (actually kindle – currently Bridget Jones Mad About the Boy). Jim and I also made sushi and had a sort of dinner-date, we even had wine!
I’m also still going with my baking challenge!

Seeing Rosalie rummage around in the book bins at the library – she seems to be really happy and at home with books, which I am so pleased about.

My parents are coming to stay for five days next week so hopefully we will get up to lots of fun things with them.

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far and join in too.

Twitter Icon GooglePlus Icon Instagram Icon Pinterest Icon Bloglovin Icon RSS Icon

November 8, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Love the idea of dyeing rice, might have to give that ago. I read mad about the boy a few months ago, I thought it was fab! Hope you have a fab time with your folks!
    Becky x

November 8, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Lovely photos! Rosalie looks entranced by the rice shaker. 🙂

I do the same thing with Bubs' library books. It's so much easier than trying to find the receipt which I always manage to lose in the black hole that is the changing bag.

Have a lovely time with your parents! Vx

Jessica Eliot
    November 9, 2014 at 6:50 am

I'll post my dyed rice recipe next week 🙂 I'm enjoying the book so far, just wish I had a bit more time to read! x

Jessica Eliot
    November 9, 2014 at 6:52 am

Thanks Vickie! She does love her shakers! Glad it's not just me who can't keep track of library books! x

Louise
    November 9, 2014 at 8:21 am

Lovely photos – Rosalie looks like she had fun at the soft play (other than not being too keen on trying to move around in the balls). We have a play tunnel too – so much fun. Glad you managed some me time too to sit and read a few chapters of your book 🙂

Jessica Eliot
    November 9, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Thanks Louise 🙂 I reckon she'll come around to liking the ball pit, she's just funny with new things! x

November 10, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Love the photo of Rosalie in her tunnel! The dyed rice looks fab, will keep an eye out for your post on that. I need to send myself to bed a bit earlier to read my books. 🙂

Have a fab time with your parents this week.

xx

Jessica Eliot
    November 10, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Thanks Jenna 🙂 Dyed rice post will be on the blog tomorrow! Thanks for hosting x

November 11, 2014 at 9:47 pm

We have that tunnel- L refuses to go inside haha! Good tip about the books, I always panic that I have lost one. I really need to go to the library more often!
    Thank you for joining in with #HappyDaysLinky xx

Jessica Eliot
    November 12, 2014 at 1:55 pm

You'll have to entice her into the tunnel with her favourite toy or something!! Thanks for hosting xx