Uncategorised

I do enjoy joining in with the HappyDays Linky. I like looking back on my week, and it’s wonderful reading everyone else’s posts and how we inspire each other to make the most of every day. Thank you so much to Jenna and Katy for hosting! Now on to my week.

Granny and Grandad were staying this week, so we had a few days out – making the most of our National Trust membership – we went to The Vyne and Basildon Park. We had picnics, did some lovely walks and enjoyed the beautiful autumn colours. Rosalie found it all terribly exciting, and exhausting!

After a great start to the week the weather went downhill and so on Wednesday granny and grandad were treated to the delights of soft play! It was heaving but R had a great time on the rocking animals and seemed to enjoy the ball pit more second time around. Unfortunately she now has a cold so I fear she may have picked up the dreaded soft play lurgy.

We haven’t really been inside much, and when we have Rosalie has been enjoying playtime with her grandparents.

But with daddy being away in Paris for work we have been doing some video chatting – at first R was confused, but then seemed to find it hilarious that daddy was in the screen. She kept poking at his face. It has been strange not having Jim around – since R was tiny he has always helped with the bedtime routine, giving R her bath and reading her a bedtime story. She was very unsettled the first night he was away, and I can only think this must have been due to the absence of daddy.

On Friday morning the weather was yucky so we had some fun with dyed rice ! Post to follow…

I think I actually managed me time this week! On Thursday night after putting Rosalie to bed I said to myself, you will do 1 hour of work and then at 9pm you will stop and relax. So, obediently, at nine o’clock I shut down my laptop and, armed with a large mug of tea and a small bar of dairy milk, I snuggled down onto the sofa to watch the final two episodes of Downton Abbey. Bliss!

To be honest I haven’t felt that happy this week, everyone’s allowed an off week though right? I did get two comments on my blog on posts that weren’t link ups, I felt pretty chuffed about that. I know that’s small fry compared to the rest of you though!

To get outside every day, come rain or shine. We both feel much better if we get fresh air and exercise.

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far and join in too.

Twitter Icon GooglePlus Icon Instagram Icon Pinterest Icon Bloglovin Icon RSS Icon

November 15, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Lovely photos! Rosalie looks really happy on that play tractor. I'm sorry she's caught softplay lurgy though and I really hope she feels better soon! Oh and well done for having some me time – Dairy Milk and Downton sounds like a great combination. 🙂

November 15, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Sorry, you haven't felt that happy this week. And yes, we all have off weeks! 🙂
    Well done for having some me time – sounds like it was just what you needed.
    That's great about the comments, everyone starts out the same – your blog is great and you will see your audience grow. I promise you that. 🙂
    Thanks for linking up with our #happydayslinky

Charlie Finn
    November 15, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Sorry that you felt like you havent had a good week, i hope next week is better for you, thank you for sharing your pics, i really enjoyed them!

hslater
    November 16, 2014 at 1:05 am

Everyone has bad weeks!! Love your photos looks like everyone had such a fun time!

November 16, 2014 at 8:14 am

Steve went away for the first time recently and both me and Oliver found it tough especially during the bedtime routine! Sorry to hear about the dreaded soft play lurgy, I took anti bacterial wipes when I went this week as Im so fed up of us being ill (I must of looked so odd!) Lovely pictures of Rosalie enjoying the swings. Your blog is lovely.
    Becky xx

November 16, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Sorry you haven't had an overly happy week. We all have them though 🙂 I know what you mean about the comments, I said the same thing to Jenna last week. It feels like nobody would comment at all if I didn't link up. But then suddenly someone comments and you feel a bit better. When at blogfest last week someone (cant remember who!) said that try not to focus on comments but look at how many people view the page. Some people may not feel brave enough so comment so you should value the people that view as much as those that comment. As Jenna said though (wise lady that one!) everyone starts out the same and your blog is lovely so it will grow xx

Jessica Eliot
    November 17, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Thanks Vickie, she seems to be sneezing less today so that's good x

Jessica Eliot
    November 17, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Jenna 🙂 x

Jessica Eliot
    November 17, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Glad you enjoyed the pics 🙂 Onwards and updwards this week!

Jessica Eliot
    November 17, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Thank you, Rosalie certainly enjoyed that little tractor!

Jessica Eliot
    November 17, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Good idea re antibac wipes! Not sure you could do every single ball in the pit though 😉 Thanks for saying my blog is lovely, just what I needed to hear xx

Jessica Eliot
    November 17, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Katy, thank you so much, what you've said makes complete sense and you're so right, page views are just as valuable as comments. Thanks for hosting this linky, everyone is so lovely and supportive xx

Shannon
    November 19, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Oh, I'm sorry you've been down a bit this week. Definitely allowed! Especially since you're one parent down at home and some lurgy too! She looks like she had a great time on that tractor though! Hope this week is better. 🙂