Joining in with the HappyDays Linky hosted by Jenna and Katy, inspiring people to make the most of every day.

We were pleased to have daddy back from France and had a brilliant family day out last weekend to Coate Water Country Park – it was a really chilly day but we managed a picnic and a muddy walk around the lake and Rosalie enjoyed watching the ducks and swans as daddy fed them.

Last week I said that I would make sure we got outside for some fresh air every day this week, whatever the weather. Well, we did, and we feel much better for it, despite the cold and the rain! Monday we took a wet pushchair walk around the neighbourhood; Tuesday we went out to Jolly Babies; Wednesday we took a stroll to the shops and visited the playground on the way back; Thursday we met up with J and baby G at the library followed by swings and coffee; Friday was wet and cold but we donned our winter gear and took a brisk walk around the block.

Inspired by Vickie’s (A Pocketful of Dandelions) brilliant photography tips, I have been spending a few afternoons this week trying to get some good pictures of Rosalie. These are the first photographs I have taken of her on my DSLR! Up until now it’s just been easier to use my phone camera as I always have it on me. But now she moves so fast, I need a camera that I can crank up she shutter speed on!

I think I’ve still got a way to go, but I’m pretty pleased with these.

In among all that we have been enjoying sensory play with dyed rice as well as baking. I made Rosalie some carrot muffins from Gill Rapley’s baby-led weaning cookbook – they were so simple to make and we both found them delicious. I would highly recommend that book if you’re baby-led weaning as there are some great baking ideas that use no sugar or salt, as well as other recipes for meals.

You can also find out what we’ve been reading this week.

Black mark again for me for this one, there aren’t really enough hours in the day!

Was at Jolly Babies – seeing Rosalie’s face light up with recognition at the music and how involved she was getting with the songs – waving, clapping, choosing instruments. I just felt so proud.

I want to start planning Rosalie’s birthday party! It’s only going to be a small tea party but it still requires planning!

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far and join in too.

November 22, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Your photos are fab! Well done too for sticking with your promise to get out and about every day. I really ought to make more of an effort but I'm a terror for talking myself out of it if the weather is horrible.

I'm blushing a bit at the mention too, thank you! Vx

Jessica Eliot
    November 22, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Thanks Vickie πŸ™‚ On a couple of days I really almost talked myself out of it, but I'm really glad we got out in the end x

Charlie Finn
    November 22, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Your photos are fantastic, sounds like you guys had a great week and yay for Daddy being back home

hslater
    November 23, 2014 at 10:23 am

I love that photo of her clapping, can see so much joy in her face!!
    Have fun planning that party – I love planning parties πŸ˜€

Jessica Eliot
    November 23, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Jessica Eliot
    November 23, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Clapping really does seem to be her favourite thing at the moment, she can be having a right old grump but if I clap my hands she just stops whatever she's doing and joins in with a massive grin on her face! Brilliant! x

November 24, 2014 at 9:49 am

It makes such a huge difference to your mood when you get out everyday, well done for sticking to it. It's not easy this time of year.

Your photos look fab. I dusted off our DSLR camera this week too and fiddled around with the settings, but yet to take any proper photos.

We've been loving the baby led weaning cookbook that you recommended, the drop scones are scrummy.

Thanks for linking up with us for our #HappyDaysLinky.

November 25, 2014 at 8:18 pm

I think Vickie has been inspiring all of us! Your photos are fab and are making me determined to get a dslr!! Just have to convince hubby!!
    Well done on getting out every day! I really need to do that as it is so stuffy in the house!
    Good luck on planning Rosalie's party! I need to get thinking on L's too!
    Thanks for joining our #HappyDaysLinky xx

Jessica Eliot
    November 25, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Thanks Jenna πŸ™‚ Look forward to seeing some of your DSLR pics soon.

Glad you've found the BLW cookbook useful – the drop scones are a favourite in our house too! x

Jessica Eliot
    November 25, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Too true, she's an inspirational lady that one πŸ˜‰ Maybe you'll have to ask Santa really nicely for a DSLR!

It's sometimes really hard to be motivated to get out when the weather is nasty, but it feels really good to blow the cobwebs away. I'm trying to do that same this week – so far so good!

Is L's birthday before Christmas too? xx