Joining in with the HappyDays Linky hosted by Jenna and Katy, inspiring people to make the most of every day.

We’ve not had a very good week with getting out and about due to Rosalie having a terrible cold and cough – she sounds like an old man who’s smoked 50 a day when she coughs, and her little eyes get all watery. We did manage a walk on Wednesday lunchtime with a friend who works locally, so that was nice, but generally we’ve been indoors this week.

Our days have mostly been spent alternating between eating and napping (well Rosalie napped, not me!). I put her in her Christmas jumper to cheer her up and she’s enjoyed pulling the flaps (aka destroying) her advent calendar! We’ve also started reading Christmas Stories together.

Despite her cold, on Tuesday, since I didn’t think it was fair on the other babies to take R to Jolly Babies, we did some Christmas crafting at home – we made edible paint using yogurt and did hand print reindeer and finger paint baubles.

I haven’t really had any me time this week. I’ve not even done any baking. I had hoped to get my first batch of mince pies made, but having a baby sleeping in your arms isn’t conducive to getting much done!

The cheery moments in-between the snot have been the highlight of my week!

With Rosalie being unwell this week we didn’t manage to do too many Christmas crafts, so hopefully next week we will be able to get a bit more festive.

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far and join in too.

December 6, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Awww aside from her rosy cheeks you'd never know she had a cold as R always looks so happy! I love her Christmas jumper, so cute! Vx

Cocos Mamma
    December 6, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I hope Rosalie is feeling better. I love the edible paint, wish I had done this when Pops was smaller! x

Louise
    December 6, 2014 at 11:14 pm

So sorry that Rosalie has been unwell this week, hope she is better soon. Love her Christmas jumper! πŸ™‚

December 7, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Thanks Vickie! Maybe I need to join in Wicked Wednesdays so you can see what a monster she can be πŸ˜‰ xx

December 7, 2014 at 8:53 pm

She's still got a nasty cough but seems happier in herself which is good πŸ™‚ The edible paint was good fun, and tasty!! x

December 7, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Thanks Louise, she's been a little cheerier today. Jumper is from Sainsbury's – love their baby clothes! x

December 7, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Oh poor Rosalie! πŸ™ I hope her cough and cold shifts very soon so you can get back to going out and baking.

Your indoor activities look great though and I love the reindeer card – so sweet! πŸ™‚

Thanks for linking up with our #HappyDaysLinky

Carie
    December 8, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Oh poor baby – I hope Rosalie feels at lot better soon – it's no fun when they're all sad and snotty!

December 9, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Thanks Jenna, she's feeling a lot better although her cough is lingering πŸ™ We're back on track with fun fun fun this week so far! x

December 9, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Thanks Carie – the runny nose was the worst! Do all babies hate having their nose wiped?! x

December 9, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I hope she is better now, poorly babies are not fun πŸ™
    Yoghurt paint is such a good idea!!!! My friend was asking me about edible crafts and I wouldnt have thought of yoghurt! Will pass it along and try it myself!
    Thank you for joining in with our #HappyDaysLinky xx

December 10, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Thanks Katy, the cough is lingering but she's much jollier in herself now πŸ™‚

I was wondering how well the yogurt would dry and how stable it would be, but the pictures still look great and they don't smell like sour milk, ha ha!!!! xx