We’ve had a brilliant week this week! Although our coughs are lingering, Rosalie has been in good spirits for most of the week and we have been getting well and truly stuck into Christmassy fun.

We went to the Christmas Tree Farm to chose our Christmas Tree at the weekend – with Rosalie around I wasn’t sure if a real one was a good idea, but we’ve always had a real one and I would really miss the gorgeous pine smell, so we decided to just go for it. Rosalie was quite intrigued by her spiky friend riding alongside her in the car!

We had a trip to the library to exchange our books and I managed to get a couple of new Christmas ones as well as one about birthdays which I thought would be fun with her first birthday coming up. I don’t know if they do this in all libraries, but in ours they sell off books that have been withdrawn from circulation and I managed to get two board books for 20p each! They’re a little tired but perfectly usable.

It was the last Jolly Babies of the year so we had a few festive songs, some balloons and Rosalie tried her first chocolate coin! It’s a lovely little group of mums and babies, and they’re all so close in age it’s lovely to see them develop together. I did have a bit of stress as Rosalie threw some mini tantrums at 1) the instruments being put away 2) being put down after the standing up songs 3) having her coat put on 4) being put in the pushchair to leave.

We also braved a chilly morning at the park – jack frost really was nipping at our noses! Rosalie enjoyed the swings as usual and also the slide for the first time on her own. I sat her at the top and crouched at the bottom encouraging her to wriggle, wriggle, wriggle. It took a few minutes but she got it and whooshed to the bottom all smiles.

We put up all our Christmas decorations on Sunday afternoon. Our tree does look a little unbalanced with all the breakable decorations high up and out of Rosalie’s reach though.

I attempted a sort of Christmas photo shoot with Rosalie, but she wasn’t playing ball; I did manage to get this shot though which I think is quite jolly!

I’m gradually ticking things off my Winter Bucket List too – this week we watched the Snowman Animation and made mince pies. I let Rosalie help with cutting out the star shaped lids, she found it quite fascinating but ultimately decided the best thing to do was to eat the raw pastry! Yum.

We also had fun making a ‘Rosalie’s Mistletoes’ card for daddy – he loved it!

You can also find out what we’ve been reading this week.

I’m trying to be strict with myself and not look at my phone once I get into bed. I feel so buzzy if I am on the internet/working last thing at night, then I can’t sleep because I have a million thoughts and ideas going round my head; so I’ve been reading my kindle every night before going to sleep to unwind, and it’s really helping. The amazing hot chocolates Jim makes could have something to do with it too – perhaps I’m just slipping into a marshmallows and cream induced coma..?
I also got back on with my baking challenge and made some delicious (if I say so myself!) Blueberry muffins.

So many happy moments this week – seeing Rosie’s little rosy cheeks when we were out in the cold; going on a family trip to choose the Christmas Tree (I was heavily pregnant when we chose our tree last year); putting up the decorations and listening to Christmas music!

I am really looking forward to Rosalie’s birthday tea party – so much party baking to do! Wish me luck with her birthday cake. I can’t believe she’s nearly one! What a year.

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far and join in too. Thank you to Jenna and Katy for hosting this wonderful linky.

Louise
    December 13, 2014 at 11:27 pm

So glad you have had such a good week – love those photos of Rosalie having fun at the park. Your tree looks great and I love Rosalie's mistletoes too – so cute! Hope all goes well with the baking and cake making for Rosalie's birthday tea party and hope she has a wonderful first birthday x

Aby Moore
    December 14, 2014 at 9:03 am

What a fabulously festive week! I love the picture of Rosalie in the santa hat, too cute #HappyDays x

MummyBio
    December 14, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Oh wow, I love your photo of Rosalie with the bauble, it's beautiful! =)
    Your winter bucket list is such a fab idea, well done for getting some more bits ticked off it. I think I might have to copy that MIstletoes card idea, although I doubt we'll get such good footprints as those!
    I hope Rosalie has a brilliant birthday and the tea party goes well xx

December 14, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Oh I LOVE the mistletoes!! I really want to do this this week!!
    I hope Rosalie has a wonderful first birthday. Have a great Christmas and thank you so much for joining in with our HappyDaysLinky xx

December 14, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Thanks Louise πŸ™‚ I'm feeling a bit nervous about my cake decorating capabilities! x

December 14, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Aw, thanks Aby! x

December 14, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Thanks! I took so many photos, it did take a few tries to get a vaguely good one!

The footprints were quite tricky, I had R sat in her high chair with the tray on so she couldn't grab at her feet, it sort of worked!

Thanks for the birthday wishes xx

December 14, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Thanks Katy πŸ™‚ Have fun doing Mistletoes with your girls! xx

Shannon
    December 14, 2014 at 11:20 pm

The mistletoes are fab – I might have to steal your idea!! Sounds like a fab and festive week! Your photos are all lovely too.

December 15, 2014 at 10:06 am

Beautiful beautiful photos! The shot of R and the bauble is just wonderful!

I am so glad that R got over her sniffles and was able to enjoy the last week. I have to say she looks adorable in her pramsuit with the fur trim.

You need to hire Jim out for hot chocolate making duties because those look amazing!

Cocos Mamma
    December 15, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Looks like you have had a lovely week! Love the mistletoes, have tried to do things like this with Pops but it has just ended in disaster and me cleaning tiny footprint off from all over the kitchen floor! Wonderful photos.

I hope Rosalie has a wonderful 1st birthday x

December 15, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Thanks Shannon! Have fun doing Mistletoes! x

December 15, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Thank you Vickie πŸ™‚ That means a lot coming from someone who takes amazing photos.

I love her pramsuit, it just looks so cosy!! I'll pass your comments about the hot chocolates on to Jim! x

December 15, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Thanks! My tip with doing footprints is to strap them into the highchair and do one foot at a time! x

December 15, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Oh what a fab week you've had – it sounds really lovely and you have managed to fit a lot in! I love the photos of Rosalie in the park – her first time on the slide… soooo cute. She sounds a bit like Jasmine – she cries when I put her coat on or put her in her pushchair.

Thanks so much for linking up with our #happydayslinky over the last few months – hope you will join us again in the New Year, have a wonderful Christmas. πŸ™‚

December 16, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Thanks Jenna, it really was a great week πŸ™‚ I'm sorry Jasmine is also a pickle when it comes to going in the pushchair or having her coat put on.

I'll definitely be joining in again in the new year! x