Uncategorised

It seems like ages since I wrote my last Happy Days post, probably because so much has happened since then – Rosalie has turned one, we’ve celebrated Christmas and started a new year!

Rosalie and I have thoroughly enjoyed having daddy at home for such a long time, we will really miss him during the day when he goes back to work on Monday.

Jim has very kindly been looking after Rosalie this past week allowing me time to do some work; but we have had a couple of little trips out – we spent a morning at Thatcham Lakes, walking and feeding the ducks. It was pretty chilly, so much so that the lake was frozen, but  Rosalie loved seeing all the birds, and I think they were grateful for some food.

We spent Friday morning doing the Newbury Treasure Trail with some friends – it was a gorgeous day and really interesting to look closer at a place you visit all the time, you learn so many new things!

What with Rosalie’s birthday being so close to Christmas, she has had many new toys to play with and books to read, so we’ve been having lots of fun at home. In fact, it seems so much fun that I have taken hardly any photos! Sometimes it’s nice to just enjoy the moment instead of worrying about photographing it, isn’t it?

With all the celebrating going on Rosalie has picked up on the cheers clinking of glasses, and now every time we go to drink she picks up her beaker to ‘cheers’ us, it’s so cute!

Thanks to Jim I’ve been able to spend a good amount of time on non-mummy related things. I’ve been working hard on my business website which I’ll be launching next week – both nervous and excited about that. You’ve probably also noticed that I’ve changed my blog name! What do you think?
I am now 19 recipes into my Baking Bible Challenge, and this week I made the world’s easiest dinner party dessert – full ‘recipe’ (if you can even call it that!) here.
I’ve also made myself a promise that 2015 will be the year I knock my worry on the head – I spend too much time worrying; worrying about doing things, worrying about not doing them, worrying about what people think… and it’s time to stop. I’m feeling very positive about 2015.

I think seeing Rosalie doing cheers with her beaker has to be the best moment of this week! Every day now she is becoming more and more like a little girl, barely a baby at all anymore.

With fresh enthusiasm, and several new presents to try out, I intend to make Rosalie some play dough next week.

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far and join in too. Thank you to Jenna and Katy for continuing to host this wonderful linky.

January 3, 2015 at 8:08 pm

I love the selfie of Jim and Rosalie! And how cute is Rosalie clinking her sippy cup to say cheers!

Your Dougal cake has definitely peaked my interest and I might have to give it a go tomorrow. I am excited to see which of Mary Berry's bakes you make next.

Vx

hslater
    January 4, 2015 at 1:18 am

Aww Rosalie is so cute! Lovely photos and glad you got your me time to get things sorted too – it always helps me worry less when I know I have got things done!

Louise
    January 4, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Love the photo of Rosalie doing 'cheers' with her beaker – just adorable. Hope she had a wonderful first birthday. The treasure trail in Newbury looks like fun – we have done a few of them now and they are wonderful for exploring areas. Happy New Year and hope 2015 is a good one for you 🙂

January 4, 2015 at 10:18 pm

I didn't realise that we live so close to each other. Lovely photo of Rosalie clinking glasses, Oliver loves doing that although he does get over excited and water goes everywhere!
    xx

January 5, 2015 at 8:21 am

Welcome back! Still loving the new name! How cute that she clinks glasses! 1 is such a cute age and it seems all they want to do is copy everything.
    Glad you managed to have some time to yourself- your new website sounds exciting!!
    Going to go take a look at your recipe now- do love a dessert!
    Thanks for joining in each week xx #HappyDaysLinky

January 5, 2015 at 11:55 am

So happy to have you back joining in with our linky.

Belated happy birthday to Rosalie! 🙂 I'm glad you got so much 'me – time' over the holidays, thoroughly deserved!

I love your new blog name by the way.

Happy New 'worry-free' Year! 🙂

January 5, 2015 at 8:27 pm

One really is an incredibly cute age 🙂 I best get on and choose my next Mary Berry recipe then!! x

January 5, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Thank you 🙂 You're right about worrying less when you're on top of things.

January 5, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Thanks Louise! Birthday was a lovely day and R was a star 🙂 Treasure Trails around towns are pushchair friendly too which is a bonus! Happy new year to you too x

January 5, 2015 at 8:32 pm

I'm not sure I know where you live Becky! But if you're close we should meet up 🙂 Bet O is super cute splashing water about whilst clinking!! xx

January 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm

Thanks Katy! One really is so cute – it only takes a few times for R to copy something…best be cautious from now on 😉 Do give the Dougal cake a go, you won't regret it! Thanks for hosting xx

January 5, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Thanks Jenna! It makes quite a difference having an extra pair of hands; or should I say an extra pair of grown-up hands! Glad you like the new blog name. Happy New 'happy' Year to you xx

sarah Christie
    January 5, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Ah I love the cheers beaker moment so so cute

January 5, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Thanks 🙂

Cocos Mamma
    January 10, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Loving the new blog name! Belated Happy 1st Birthday to Rosalie. Loving all the pictures, just beautiful! Glad you managed to get some well deserved me time over the break too! x