I’m joining Katy at What Katy Said and Jenna at Tinyfootsteps for their Happy Days linky, which encourages us to look back over our week and focus on the happy times.

As I type, the wind is absolutely howling and the lights keep flickering, so I hope the electricity holds out else I’ll be writing by torchlight!

We’ve had a pretty good week for getting out and about – we’ve been for several pushchair walks, to visit the shops and to choose new books at the library. We were also excited to re-start Jolly Babies – Rosalie loves music and rhythm, and she knows where she is and what we are there to do as soon as we enter the room. I love seeing her clap and wave, and now she does this funny hip wiggle-hand wave combo like she’s trying to dance!

We’ve had lots of fun at home playing with all Rosalie’s new toys; her favourite at the moment is definitely the stacking rings, she concentrates so hard, it takes a lot of hand-eye co-ordination to get those rings on the stick, but she gets there.

Rosalie is also very keen on sorting, and transferring items from one container to another – this keeps her amused for a while! I did make play dough this week, as I said I would last week, but Rosalie didn’t seem mega into it. Perhaps I’ll try again in a few weeks.

I have been wanting to get some pictures of Rosalie crawling, so we had a bit of a photo session one morning.

It’s actually rather tricky to capture a crawling baby on camera, she goes at such a pace! But I was quite pleased with these. I also had to share the following pictures just because I think she’s adorable! I take a picture of her in the same chair every month so that I can see how much she’s grown/changed – you can see photos of her first year here if you’re interested.

She’s teething at the moment, hence the chewing on the finger.

I’m very lucky in that Rosalie reliably naps for around two hours every afternoon, so I try to get either work or blogging done in that time; I don’t know if that really counts as ‘me time’ but it’s baby-free time!

I’ve been trying hard with my new year’s resolution of worrying less, and have found writing a gratitude/happiness list last thing before going to sleep is preventing me from running scenarios in my mind when I should be sleeping.

Writing a gratitude list every night means I now have more than fifteen things I could put down as my happiest moment! But I think, as I am forced to choose just one, it would have to be playing chase with Rosalie, on hands and knees, seeing her giant smile and hearing her infectious (slightly dirty) laugh. Magical moments that I never want to forget.

To be brave whilst Rosalie has her immunisations!

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far and join in too.

Aby Moore
    January 10, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Oh these pictures are so lovely! I am slightly jealous of 2 hr naps! x #HappyDays

Gym Bunny Mummy
    January 10, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Oh that smile, so cute! #HappyDays

Gym Bunny Mummy | Bloglovin’ | Facebook

hslater
    January 10, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Aww love the photos of her crawling!! She's beautiful. I don't miss the immunisations though! πŸ™
    Have another fantastic week (minus the injections!)

Louise
    January 10, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Love your happiest moment and those photos are gorgeous. Hope all goes well with the immunisations next week and Rosalie won't be too bothered by them.

January 10, 2015 at 8:58 pm

I love the pictures of Rosalie crawling! I can imagine her dirty laugh too. πŸ™‚ Babies seem to all laugh like Sid James.

Good luck with Rosalie's jabs next week. Vx

January 10, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Aww gorgeous photos, She looks so happy! I love the idea of writing a gratitude list at the end of the day, I really should so something like that!
    I hope Rosalie's immunisations go well
    xx

January 11, 2015 at 8:30 am

I think I might start writing a gratitude list, I enjoy reading others and I think it would help me when I feel down.
    I love your happiest moment, both mine play chase- it is hilarious!
    Well done on making play dough, L doesn't know what to do with it either and I am always worried she will eat it haha! Something for the future! xx #HappyDaysLinky

January 11, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Thanks Aby πŸ™‚ I know the day will come when she won't nap for 2 hours every afternoon!! x

January 11, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Thank you!

January 11, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Thank you πŸ™‚ Hopefully the immunisations will be fine…

January 11, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Thanks Louise πŸ™‚ I really hope Rosalie is ok with the jabs… x

January 11, 2015 at 4:38 pm

Thanks Vickie πŸ™‚ Sid James, yes, lol!! x

January 11, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Thanks Becky πŸ™‚ A gratitude list is so good for forcing you to see the small but wonderful things every day, so give it a go, I try and think of at least 3 things each night xx

January 11, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Give it a go Katy, it will help to re-focus your mind onto happy things πŸ™‚ I bet your girls are so cute playing chase! I think I'm going to wear out the knees in all my jeans at this rate!! xx

January 12, 2015 at 9:09 am

Aw, Rosalie is gorgeous – and I know exactly what you mean about trying to get photos of crawling. It's very difficult!

I'm glad you managed to get out lots this week – it makes such a difference. It's lovely that Rosalie enjoys her class so much too – I bet you both missed it over Christmas?

Thanks for linking up with our #HappyDaysLinky – have a fab week.

January 14, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Thanks Jenna! Yes, getting outside makes such a difference. We did miss Jolly Babies over Christmas, but we had lots of other exciting things and people to fill our time πŸ™‚ x

Cocos Mamma
    January 15, 2015 at 2:50 pm

I always love your pics, but the one's of Rosalie crawling our so beautiful! I love your happiest moment. I love the idea of writing a gratitude list at the end of the day, may have to follow suit! x

January 15, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Thank you for your kind comments πŸ™‚ Hope you do start a gratitude list, it's good to end the day on a positive note! I find it helps me re-focus my mind so I don't worry as much x