We’ve had a pretty good week this week, we’ve not done anything too extreme, but we’ve had lots of fun doing ordinary things, and that’s what counts!

Last weekend we had a little family shopping trip to get Rosalie some next size clothes and to look at car seats. We had a cheap and cheerful lunch in the Sainsbury’s cafe where Rosalie entertained the old people with her cheeky smiles. We don’t eat out very often but I am always so proud of her when we do as she is good as gold. We may have also bought Rosalie a few toys whilst we were out…see ‘fun at home’

We’ve had a few trips to the park and a carrier walk during the week, as well as our usual outings to Jolly Babies (preceded by tea and cake) and playgroup.

Fun at home has mostly consisted of playing with Rosalie’s new toys. We got her a rocking animal and she just loves it! She tried one at soft play last year and got the hang of it instantly, and there are several at playgroup; because she loves rocking so much, we decided to indulge her.

We also bought her a little tea set because she has started trying to give her toys drinks from her stacking cups. It is really cute now seeing her pour from the tea pot and give cups to her toys and teddy bears.

On Friday we did a little bit of painting to make Daddy a Valentine’s card. The craft I had planned did not go so well, so we ended up doing handprints. It doesn’t matter though, Rosalie enjoyed all the mess, even if the end result wasn’t amazing! Unfortunately, because I was also covered in paint I was unable to take any photos of the painting in progress.

Eating cake counts for this I think!

Rosalie has never really been a cuddly baby but over the past few weeks she has started to give her dolls and teddies proper cuddles, and this week she has progressed to giving me cuddles! I just love it when she clings onto me and when she puts her arms up. It’s been a long time coming so now I’m really making the most of these moments.

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far and join in too.

Aby Moore
    February 14, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Sounds lovely. I am glad she is getting more cuddly, I couldn't cope without Baby cuddles x

From Mamma With Love
    February 15, 2015 at 7:26 am

Sounds like you have had a lovely week. Love Rosalies new toys, co cute thats she started giving her toys drinks.

I absolutely love your happiest moment, such a special thing when they start showing affections. So glad you have been enjoying lots of cuddles! X

Louise
    February 15, 2015 at 9:03 am

Sounds like a lovely week. I love Rosalie's big smile in the photos and how lovely that she is giving you cuddles – just adorable! πŸ™‚

February 15, 2015 at 10:13 am

Really is, it is such a wonderful thing that I've been waiting so long for xx

February 15, 2015 at 10:15 am

Thanks Sammy, it really is special getting a hug from my baby girl, nothing quite compares to that πŸ™‚ x

February 15, 2015 at 10:16 am

Thanks Louise; she's started doing such a cheeky scrunched up grin, it's brilliant! The cuddles are fab πŸ™‚ x

February 15, 2015 at 8:28 pm

I think cake definitely counts as me time. πŸ™‚

I love Rosalie's new toys. Teddy bear tea parties are great fun aren't they. And how wonderful that she's becoming more cuddly. πŸ™‚

February 15, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Oh Baby cuddles are just the best aren't they, I have to beg Oliver for cuddles these days! I LOVE the photo of Rosalie on her new rocker she looks so happy!
    Have a great week
    Xx

February 16, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Thanks Vickie πŸ™‚ I can really see her turning into a little girl now and it's lovely xx

February 16, 2015 at 10:32 pm

After such a long wait these baby cuddles most definitely are the best Becky! She does love the rocker, and it gives me 10 minutes without her climbing, grabbing and 're-arranging'! A lifesaver today when we were stuck indoors due to horrid weather. Have a fab week too xx

February 19, 2015 at 9:58 am

Eating cake definitely counts (now I want cake!). Those rockers are great, we have one too and it is always in the living room as L loves it so much! Lovely photos, glad you had a good week xx
    #HappyDaysLinky

February 19, 2015 at 11:48 am

Do you know? I think the happy ordinary weeks are some of the best. It sounds like you've had a great one. I now really want a slice of cake and I'm blaming you for that! πŸ™‚

Ah, the Valentine's card is sweet – bet Daddy loved it.

Thanks for joining our #HappyDaysLinky

February 20, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Thanks Katy πŸ™‚ I am so pleased we decided to get a rocker, she just loves it! xx

February 20, 2015 at 4:45 pm

I think I agree Jenna πŸ™‚ Hope you got your slice of cake πŸ˜‰ Daddy did love his card from Rosalie πŸ™‚ xx