Books

Are you my mummy? {What We’re Reading}

Are you my mummy? book review

When we visit the library I always like to try and get one or two books that reflect things happening in Rosalie’s world at the time, such as the weather, a holiday or a celebration. This week we managed a double whammy, with a book that gives a nod to both Mother’s Day and Spring! It’s called Are you my mummy?
The story follows a little puppy as he meets lots of different mummies and babies, in a quest to find his own mummy.

I love the bright colourful illustrations and the peek-a-boo lift-the-flap format to reveal each animals baby. Seeing this little lamb bouncing out from behind the flap made me feel quite spring-like.

There are lots of opportunities for Rosalie to practice her animal noises as Puppy meets a sheep, a pig, a cow, a horse, a cat and of course a duck – what baby book would be complete without a duck?
Spoiler alert…

…Puppy finds his mummy in the end!

Why not share a book you’ve been reading and join in with What We’re Reading hosted by the lovely Carie from Space for the Butterflies – she always has some fantastic book picks herself too!

You Might Also Like

Carie
    March 17, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Oh that's just so gorgeous- I love the illustrations and the lift the flaps are really sweet. You always find some really lovely books Jess, at this rate Pip will have a stack a mile high for his birthday πŸ™‚

March 17, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Lucky Pip! Thanks Carie, it's sometimes tricky to find the good books but the are there, underneath the mountains of 'that's not my…' books!!

March 18, 2015 at 1:56 pm

What a sweet book, I love the illustrations they are so colourful! xx

Charlotte A
    March 18, 2015 at 10:35 pm

I love the idea behind choosing books that are relevant to what's going on. We took Christmas books out at Christmas but other than that we tend to borrow whichever books she chooses out and reads while we are there. Last week we had an Easter book though and a book called My Mummy (a Peppa Pig one!) so I suppose thats Spring and Mother's Day covered!

Jade Morriss
    March 19, 2015 at 1:19 pm

We've been taking books out from the library each week now, as opposed to reading from Alexander's collection, but I never really thought to look for the books that were relevant to a given period of time. We do that with his own book collection though.

This book seems like a fun one. Children love lift the flap books, don't they?!
    πŸ™‚
    Life’s Open Pages

March 19, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Thanks Becky xx

March 19, 2015 at 9:07 pm

I think the libraries tend to do a good job of ensuring their current collections in some way reflect current affairs πŸ™‚ Thanks for stopping by Charlotte xx

March 19, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Thanks Jade; I really think it helps to read books about things that are happening in real life. Lift the flap books are brilliant for little ones πŸ™‚ xx