I have felt a bit drained by Rosalie’s strong will this week, which I wrote about a few days ago, so apart from the Easter weekend, this week my happy days post really will be just a few happy moments.

We had a great time over Easter – it was so good for me to have Jim at home for four days to absorb some of Rosalie’s stress and take on some of mine! We did have a lot of fun on our days out, which you can read more about in my post A relaxed family Easter. Here’s a little family portrait from the weekend.

This week the weather has been gorgeous so we’ve spent lots of time in the garden as well as taking several trips to the park. On Friday Jim surprised us by coming home from work early, so we got in a cheeky park trip with Daddy too – Rosalie had such a lovely time on the climbing frame, she is turning into such a little girl doing everything by herself, including the slide. Just a minor meltdown when we had to leave.

I guess the garden counts as home! We had a little picnic snack in the garden on Wednesday, and I managed to persuade Rosalie out of her woolly hat and into her sun hat.

We also tried magic painting again this week, but Rosalie wasn’t really into it. Her most favourite things to do at home at the moment are looking out of the windows to spot birds, looking at books, pushing her pushchair around and underneath the kitchen table and opening all the cupboards and drawers and rearranging the contents.

This is Rosalie having a sit on Daddy’s bike because she was so excited to hear him pull onto the drive on Friday afternoon when we were out in the garden:

Thanks to a wonderful friend who spontaneously suggested meeting up in response to my Battlefield blog post, I actually managed some proper ‘me time’ this week! On Thursday Jim came home in time to make dinner for himself and Rosalie so that I could go out for wine and dinner, followed by more wine.

It was the first time I had been out in the evening since having Rosalie, so it felt quite odd. I felt really exposed walking down the street with no pushchair, no Rosalie and no baby paraphernalia. But once I was out it felt really nice to switch off mummy Jess and just be me Jess, if only for a couple of hours. I really needed it and I felt so much better at home with Rosalie on Friday because of it.

I loved seeing Rosalie cuddle her first baby doll, and pushing her around in her new pushchair, just the sweetest thing. But I also really enjoyed my me time, it was well overdue and the person knows how much it meant to me…

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far and join in too. #HappyDays is hosted by Katy from What Katy Said and Jenna from Tinyfootsteps.

Lisa from @intotheglade
    April 11, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Ah I'm glad you managed to get out and about on your own, I remember my first evening out sans baby, with just a handbag and it felt very strange indeed. I love the picture of Rosalie on her dad's bike. I hope this week gets better x

Jade Morriss
    April 12, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Sometimes it is tough being the predominant caregiver in terms of being at home all day with your little one, that's why it's good to make time for yourself and wind down, just as you did!

I read your Battlefield post, commented but blogger decided to not post it. I think at this age they just try to test their boundaries a little and often times that translates to stubbornness etc. I've definitely been there with my little one!

The third picture down of Rosalie is just lovely!
    πŸ™‚
    Life’s Open Pages

April 12, 2015 at 3:11 pm

I have just read your Battlefield post and can resonate with is all. How lovely of your friend to recognise you need some time out. I always feel odd walking along without a pushchair, really exposed. Oliver loves his baby too, I love watching his cuddle it (apparently we are not allowed to name him!). I hope this week is a little less stressed, I find it comes in phases just as you feel you can's cope they turn into angel children πŸ™‚
    Becky xx

April 13, 2015 at 10:00 am

Oh Jess I am so sorry to read that you've been struggling. It's so hard being the one to bear the brunt of a toddler's wrath. And typically whenever anyone else is around they're on their best behaviour so your tales of screaming etc fall on disbelieving ears. I've been there myself and all I can say is things do get easier but in the meantime know this – you are not a failure! Every mum breathes a sigh of relief at bedtime and those who say they don't are fibbing.

Anyway, I love your photos this week! Rosalie looks adorable in her new sunhat and your family photo is one to frame I think. πŸ™‚

I hope you have a better week this week and that Rosalie is a bit nicer to her lovely mummy.

April 13, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Thank you Lisa, I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling weird when I leave the house without baby! So far so good this week πŸ™‚ x

April 13, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Thank you for your kind words Jade. I think you're right about the boundary testing. Hope you're having a good week x

April 13, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Thanks Becky, it's good to know I'm not alone. Today was a pretty good day so hopefully the rest of the week will continue to be low-stress! xx

April 13, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Thank you so much for your comment Vickie, it's always comforting to know I'm not alone, and to hear that things will get easier x

April 13, 2015 at 9:47 pm

It sounds like Rosalie and Jasmine share some 'fun at home' hobbies! Pulling everything out of the cupboards is a particular fave. I'm sorry it's been a tough week though, it can be really draining when you're battling with a little person.

I'm glad you managed some 'me time' – it really does make things feel so much better.

You all look gorgeous in your family photo and I love Rosalie's cheeky grin.

Thanks so much for joining in with our #HappyDays linky.

April 14, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Draining is definitely the right word Jenna. Thankfully this week has been much less tantrum-full so far. We've had a breakthrough with the walking so perhaps that has eased some of her frustrations. Thanks for your comment, hope you have a great week xx

April 15, 2015 at 7:41 am

It is so important to have daddy to absorb some of the stress isn't it? Mr F never quite understands that just by him being here it makes it all better. Hope this week is going well and you are enjoying the sunshine still xx #HappyDaysLinky

April 15, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Thanks Katy πŸ™‚ We're having a good week so far, hope you are too xx