This week has been slightly overshadowed with coughs, colds and copious amounts of snot (how does such a small person produce so much?!). But we’ve still managed to get out and have some fun!

We had a fairly busy bank holiday weekend with quite a bit of travelling around. On Saturday we headed down to Poole to meet up with Jim’s sister. We had a cheap and cheerful lunch together in Wetherspoons and then headed for a stroll along the quay – we definitely blew the cobwebs away! We also had a potter around the museum and then found a cosy tea room.

On Monday we travelled in the opposite direction, up the country to Birmingham for my nephew’s first birthday party. It seems only five minutes since we were travelling up to see him as a newborn, I really don’t know where the time goes, I just wish it would slow down a bit.

The weather hasn’t been too great this week, with lots of rain showers, but we have still managed to squeeze in some trips to the park and a walk to the library.

Last Sunday Jim and I, under Rosalie’s watchful eye, dug over our front patch, heavily pruned some existing shrubs and started planting up our new woodland-come-cottage front garden. It’s only a small space and I really wanted to create a cottage garden, but due to the fact our front garden faces north I have had to make some compromises making it now more of a woodland garden, but I’m sure it will still look pretty!

Rosalie has really taken to playing with her ball this week – instead of just rolling it now she will pick it up and try to throw it. I tried to show her kicking but balancing on one leg is a tad too advanced for her I think!

I haven’t really had any time for me this week…aside from daydreaming about holiday destinations…

Seeing Rosalie at the park, walking around by herself, choosing what to go on and climbing onto the springy helicopter all by herself. She suddenly seems so grown up and I’m immensely proud of her.

Check out my other Happy Days posts so far and join in too. #HappyDays is hosted by Katy from What Katy Said and Jenna from Tinyfootsteps.

Cuddle Fairy
    May 10, 2015 at 10:47 am

What a lovely week! Rosalie looks so cute with her ball. It is amazing to see them walking around the park on their own, the time really does go by fast and all of a sudden they are independent! #HappyDays x

May 10, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Rosalie looks so grown up in your photos this week, bless her. I'm sorry you have been poorly! Your garden sounds lovely πŸ™‚
    Xx

May 10, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Thank you! The time really does seem to be going incredibly fast, all these milestones are so bittersweet x

May 10, 2015 at 8:30 pm

I feel like she is suddenly so much more grown up, it's crazy! Thanks Becky xx

Katie @mummydaddyme
    May 11, 2015 at 10:33 pm

It sounds like a lovely week despite the bugs. I hope everyone is fighting fit soon. x

May 12, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Thanks Katie, we're mostly over it now x

May 12, 2015 at 9:03 pm

I agree with Becky, Rosalie looks older this week. She's 100% toddler now. πŸ™‚ She looks so proud of herself on the rocker!

I'm so glad you had a good week despite the sniffles. Vx

May 13, 2015 at 11:12 am

Oh no, not snot?! I don't know how such little people produce so much of it either?! Hope you're all on the mend.

I would love to see your woodland/cottage garden – it sounds wonderful. πŸ™‚

Thanks for joining our #HappyDaysLinky

May 13, 2015 at 7:47 pm

She really is Vickie! Can't be doing with moping around the house, Rosalie isn't one for slowing down and wanting cuddles when she's ill! x

May 13, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Yeah, we're doing ok now thanks Jenna. I'll definitely do a post on the front garden, just waiting for the plants to fill out a little! xx

May 14, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Oh the snot, it is incredible really isn't it? Hope you are all recovered now πŸ™‚ Thank you for joining in with #HappyDaysLinky x