Wow, what a month! Without a shadow of a doubt month 17 has been the best so far – Rosalie is so much fun now that we can properly play together as her attention span is improving, and she can understand simple instructions.
I wrote last month how I was a little sad to say goodbye to the baby days, but walking has brought with it so many great play opportunities, there has hardly been time to mope about the baby days being gone.
Once she could walk Rosalie was off like a shot, and it didn’t take her long to figure out running, which of course has resulted in the occasional trip and fall. I nearly shed a tear when she grazed her chin in the park, but she was fine and got straight back in there. I guess these things are par for the course now.
Probably the biggest difference this month has been her talking; she is turning into quite the chatterbox. She’s always been pretty good with forming sounds and copying noises, but now she has a jolly good go at repeating back to us virtually any word we ask her to. She is also very good at naming objects. I’ll try and do a little video of her talking because I find the language development fascinating and it will be really interesting to watch it back further down the line as her speech improves.
Month 17 in summary:
- Her speech is improving every day
- She has discovered running (and falling over)
- Her attention span is improving and she can focus on one activity for short periods of time
- She loves helping mummy around the house and in the garden
- She enjoys colouring in and playing with her ball
- She likes to spin around the kitchen and then say “dizzy”
- She is becoming more confident around new people