It only takes a few days of warm weather for me to replace my hot chocolates with ice lollies and ice cream! Since we’ve had some beautiful weather over the past week, I decided it was high time we made our first batch of ices!
These are my Banana & Mango Smoothie Ice Lollies. They are essentially a banana and mango smoothie frozen in lolly moulds, so if you don’t like ices, or can’t be bothered to wait for them to freeze, they do make a delicious smoothie.
They are also pretty healthy because they don’t have any added sugar – they get their sweetness from the bananas, so it’s good to choose really ripe ones. I use frozen mango (Sainsburys do a bag which works out to be really good value) which keeps the smoothie nice and cold, speeding up the freezing time.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150g mango
- 125g pot of fruit yogurt
- 250ml milk
- Blend all the ingredients together using a blender or food processor.
- Pour the smoothie into lolly moulds and insert the sticks.
- Freeze in the fast freeze compartment of your freezer for at least 6 hours but preferably overnight.
- Use riper bananas for extra sweetness.
- Frozen mango works really well.
They get the toddler seal of approval too!